Friday, October 25, 2013

Young, Black,Gay Ass Male

At work, being the youngest fucking sucks.  However, being the youngest and black sucks even more. 

The position I hold is not necessarily that of a direct supervisor, but we have people working under us who must answer/report to us (if that makes any sense).  Out of my 5 peers, there are 2 white women both over 30, 2 black women who I know have to be pushing 40, and one white guy who is maybe 28-30.  And then there's me 24 year old black guy.  I swear it's constant power struggle sometimes...and not even from the 5 I work closest with.  They respect my input, my knowledge, etc. Except for this one black bitch, who I'm sure hasn't had any dick in years. She's constantly trying to "test" me and prove points, but the bitter bitch is always wrong.  

The people who work under us are all older than I am.  Some have been there 10 plus years...doing the same fucking thing. Which for whatever reason, they act like is my fault.  I stayed in that area for a little over a year and moved the fuck on up out of there.  Some of them were pissed, and I don't know why.  They had the same opportunities.  Many of them constantly try to make my job hard, purposely fuck up thinking it's gonna negatively affect me (it doesn't).  I have had a few of them try to "call me out" in front of others, do half ass work,and get bad attitudes all for nothing. Hell, 4 of them have been written up/terminated while trying to fuck with me. Little did I know, they do it to not only myself but my 5 peers as well.  I can handle all of this, because my work speaks for itself.  The shit is laughable at best.  

But this issue brings up that gay shit again.  I work on the business end of a hospital.  It's full of fucking politics.  Right now I am a young, black, male with a branded target on my back.  I can't help them seeing that I'm young, that I'm black, or that I carry around a penis.  But I can hide the fact that I am bisexual (or as black people call it-Gay).  If I attached gay to my description, the shit would probably get worse.  I'll become "that young ass faggot" or "that fucking sissy" and I don't have time for that shit.  I would fuck around and lose my job.  Luckily (I guess that's the right word) I can move through society without my sexuality being known...but probably not forever.  

I'm just venting, this is just some shit that has bothered me for a few months since I accepted a new position at work.  I'm sick of these hoes. 

2 comments:

  1. eyes on the goal and don't worry about them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that's the thing about being out. It's not so much that I'm afraid of being out, I just don't want it to define me, you know? I don't wanna be labeled as "the gay one" in my family, even though I know they'd fully support me. As for work, sometimes it's just best to sit back and watch niggas hang themselves. Have fun with it. Nothing pisses a bitch off more than when they break their neck tryna stunt, and you act cool and nonchalant.

    -_Cogito

    ReplyDelete