Monday, August 8, 2011

Untitled



I made an observation about myself lately. (Well, I think I did anyway). Down and out shit. 

I am afraid of love.  There I said it.  I don't know why, or really even how to explain it.  Just the thought alone frightens the shit out of me.  I like to be in control and in this love game no one has the control.  I can't get jiggy with that shit.  It may be because of past experiences and what I see everyone else going through.  I look at some shit I see and think to myself "If that's what love means, count my black ass out".

So many people claim to love someone or be in love, and its nothing but negativity unhappiness.  When I think of love, I think of happiness...I think of actually getting along with the person I'm with. Call me crazy.  Of course, I know its not perfect and there will be some bad times.  But it shouldn't be constant...should it? I have friends, co-workers, associates, and even family members who claim to be in love but it seems so painful.  They are always arguing, unhappy, angry and annoyed with the person they claim they love.  If being in love means I will allow someone to do me like shit and just grin and bear it, I don't want any part of that foolishness.

The trust part of it all, I can deal with.  I don't trust easy...don't know why.  But I trust Sly, that much I know.  I trust him enough to not purposely do anything to hurt or upset me.  And I trust that he has my best interest at heart. But do I love him yet?  I don't know.  I think that's why I actually got a feeling of relief when I realized we were having issues and weren't spending enough time together.  I kinda felt like "whew, I can stop being so fucking vulnerable".  But then that feeling went from relief to anxiety.  Him not being there damn near scared the shit out of me. (I know, wishy washy). I just hope he waits for me to deal with this shit.  I know he doesn't have to and I don't have the right to expect him too.  But I still hope.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE is the simple things we think are cliche. It does require work, but it shouldn't feel like work, get me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love's not that hard. Been with my guy for 7 years, and we don't fuck with each others emotions but about once every 12 months, and then just to prove the other one cares. Go easy. Get rid him if you're not into it. You in BK? We should rally and talk. If you still love him. lighten up, don't fret. Everyone's got their own shit going on. Being alone is something to be enjoyed. Fuck the stress of having to always do something else RIGHT NOW. Rome wasn't built in a day, and it's not going to fall down tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like, when you're single, all you see is happy mofos in relationships. But when you do start dating someone, all you see is happy single mofos...

    It's okay to have hangups, so long as you and your partner can balance each other. The fact that you're self-aware of your internal conflict shows that you don't want to lose him. Whatever happens, just let it...

    #HakunahMatata

    --Cogito

    ReplyDelete
  4. @gayte-keeper- That actually makes a lot of sense. It just seems that requiring work, and feeling like work is separated by a thin line.

    @Flowers- See, thats just the thing. I'm really not sure what "love" is, or feels like for that matter. How did you know your guy was "the one" and that you loved him?

    @Cogito- You are on point with that. It seems like everyone is happy in a relationship, then happy single. The only issue with my hangups is that I have problems expressing those feelings to him.

    (Hey, I actually want a HakunaMatata tattoo...weird, I know. Just wanted to share. LoL)

    ReplyDelete