Sunday, May 22, 2011

The EX. Part 1



I've been trying to write about this shit for a while, but I could never bring myself to do it.  Why?  Hell, I don't know.  I guess because its reminds me of somethings that are somewhat unpleasant. 

How I feel about "Don" can be summed up quite simply.  I hate him, but I love the fuck out of that dude.  He's a fucked up individual, but he is one of the best guys in the world.  I want to run him over with my car, then I want to nurse him back to health because I couldn't stand to see his bitch ass hurt. The actual relationship lasted 16 months.  Not necessarily the longest, but long enough to be significant.  However the hold this muhfucka had on me lasted much, much longer.  I couldn't get with anybody else or move on because I was so fuckin wrapped up in what we had and what we had still going on.  Even after we broke it off, we still acted as though we were together...which was one of the biggest mistakes I have made so far.

It all started in November of 2006.  I was 17 years old and a senior in high school. Don was 19, almost 20, years old and a college sophomore. We met through a mutual friend, without it being the intent to do so.  The only bi/dl friend I've ever had is a dude named AJ. He is quite older than me, at the time when I was 17 he was 24.  He was like an older brother to me. AJ had this group of friends who were all dl. And the shit kind of caught me by surprise.  I always heard of this vast underground "culture" of dudes, but never saw that shit in person til then.  The shit was nuts.  But one of the guys in particular I didn't care for too much.  I had only met him once, quite briefly.  He seemed kind of cold, distant, and even a bit arrogant. That's why when Don first initiated a conversation with me I didn't know how to respond.

It was a Sunday night before Thanksgiving. It was the first year our school granted the entire week out for the holiday.  AJ called and invited me over saying the guys were hanging out.  I always hung with them.  I've always ran with an older, more mature crowd.  All of these dudes were typical guys. After about an hour they pulled out the XBox and started a marathon of Madden and NBA live.  I despise video games.  I don't understand a grown ass man being wrapped up in a game. The shit baffles me.  Apparently Don felt the same.  He was watching them play and I was sitting at the bar on my laptop surfing the web and facebooking my life away.  We locked eyes once or twice, but I didn't think shit of it. Then the weirdest thing happened.  He got up from the living room and came to the kitchen and sat right beside me and struck up a conversation.  Like I said before, I didn't find him to be very friendly or approachable. But it turned out he was quite the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment