Monday, May 23, 2011

The Ex. Part 2


When Don walked his happy ass over to me, I had this "what the fuck" look on my face.  I didn't know what he wanted.  At this point, I had only been with one dude. He would make number 2.  He came over and introduced his self  again, and asked my name.  I answered back and went back to what I was doing. Then he said something that made me say to myself "I can work with this".  He turned to me and said "Them muhfuckas on that game like its some good ass."  He showed me we have the same sense of humor.  I laughed a little and that opened up our conversation.

We talked about how we both knew AJ, school, and a lot of other shit.  That cold, unapproachable person I imagined turned out to no exist.  That taught me my first lesson of not judging a book by its cover.  I ended up shutting my computer down and getting wrapped up in conversation.  He was intelligent, opinionated, and was a great listener. The shit was strange. We were different as hell, but had so much in common.  Sitting having our talk, I didn't think anything of it.  I never think anyone is showing interest in me or anyone is feeling me. I just engage in conversation and shit, no biggie. I kept seeing AJ look over at Don and I out the corner of his eye smiking a little bit.  After about an hour of this his nosy ass gets up from the game and comes into the kitchen  trying to see whats going on.  He, unlike myself, immediately knew what was going on. He made a comment like " My bad, I'll leave you to muhfuckas alone, just grabbing a drink" We just laughed it off.

By the end of the night we had exchanged numbers.  The very next evening we stayed of the phone (which, by the way, I hate long phone convos) from about 10:30 that evening til about 5 in the morning.  He expressed that he was feeling me and thats why he wanted to talk to me.  I was shy as fuck and wasn't too sure. Well, that shit didn't last because within 2 weeks we were a fuckin item.  Things went well. He went to school about an hour and half away but it worked out well.  I became close with his mother as his "best friend" and he the same with my father.  His mother became like my second mother.  She was recently retired and juggled her time between home and her sick aunts house in the delta (about 2 hrs away). So we always had our own place and privacy. We grew close, and I mean very close.  This dude was my homie lover friend...best friend.  I loved him, I felt I could trust him and I invested and sacrificed a lot of shit with him and him the same.

Then, the bullshit started............

2 comments:

  1. *sighs* aaaawwwww damn I hate Roller Coasters built to crash...

    --Cogito

    (can't wait for Part 3!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all (well, many of us) have that story, unfortunately...

    The good thing is we can mend & learn from it

    ReplyDelete