Friday, April 15, 2011

See, That's the Problem

I have concluded that people have absolutely no standards. I'm convinced.  And I blame it on two things: Low self esteem and "thirst".


It seems like to get with some people, the only thing you need to do is give them a bullshit compliment and be kind to them.  I don't know about you, but that shit is not enough.  For example, I have a female cousin who is young, has a successful career, and is buying her own home. However, she has this no-good, bum ass guy living with her.  He has no job, and I'm sure no intentions to get one.  He doesn't cook, clean or contribute to the household at all.  She buys his grown ass games systems, games for said game systems, shoes, and clothes.  Now I understand love is not about what the other person can bring to the table materially, but there needs to be some kind of positive coming from being with someone.  If someone doesn't work and you are taking care of them the least they can do is cook, clean or something.  This dudes does NOTHING. And if you ask her about it she comes up with this bullshit  "But I know he loves me, he treats me well, and makes me feel beautiful."  Bitch, I bet he does. If somebody was taking care of me like that I'll make them feel like an Adonis too. Its clear her self esteem is low.  She can do sooooo much better but I guess she doesn't know it.  Its people, especially women, like her that make it hard to find somebody worth something.  Because people like her make others, especially guys, feel like the only thing they need to bring to a table is sex and a compliment. And don't even get me started on the obsession over the THUG . Ever wonder why so many black men don't have shit going for themselves? That's why, because in order to be taken care of and get routine sex they don't need to do anything. 

The thirst, oh my the freakin  thirst.  We always hear about a chick being thirsty, or desperate, for a man or significant other.  But I'm here to tell you that men take the prize on this one.  Pretty much all of my friends are males, straight males.  And I promise you, no exaggeration, they will fuck anything that offers them a nut. It's like so many men have fallen victim to the idea that value of your manhood is achieved by sleeping with as many people as possible.  They don't take into the account anything else but the sexual gratification.  And this causes them to compliment and try to "holla" at some of the most busted, dusty foot looking females and dudes around.  I mean damn, I don't claim to be shallow,  but dude have some standards.  They build up some people as if they are the best damn thing walking and they don't have shit going for themselves.  They are unattractive, uneducated, and materialistic. All three things that should make you run the opposite direction.  But a majority of men, in the name of pussy, ass, or dick will run after these nothing ass people and make them think they are more than what they really are.  Ever wonder what happened to the virtuous and phenomenal women?  They disappeared because they don't have to be these things anymore.  Now, all they need is a pussy and half of the guys they run into will be willing to sleep with and wife them up.

In no way am I saying one must be shallow, or over selective in love.  I'm simply saying hold prospective significant others to a higher standard. Don't get me wrong, I've fucked the occasional thug or dope boy but didn't make them my man.   A pretty face, a nice dick, and big ass is great but that doesn't constitute substance.  Make someone work for you, make them earn you.  Have simple standards.  If someone doesn't have to work for something, they aren't going to appreciate it long term.

4 comments:

  1. PREACH!!!! Lol! But on a serious note...that's real talk! I'm loving the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. Happy to see somebody feels me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And let the church say........... People are afraid to have standards because they feel like they'll be alone if they do. Society makes you feel as if you're less than if you're not boo'ed up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly man. People feel like they will be looked at as stuck up, or too picky. Wanting something of substance and not wasting your time is not wrong.

    ReplyDelete