Thursday, April 28, 2011

What's Love Got To Do With It?!

The most precious gift that we as man were given was that of love and companionship.  Going to the Bible, I believe in the second chapter of Genesis starting at around verse 17 or 18 (my good book is in the car) it states that it is not good for man to be alone.  Oh how this holds true.  However I think people seem to forget it sometimes.  It seems that today it is "in" to be alone, and "do your own thing", to not worry about labels, and not commit to someone.  Total bafoonery.

I came to think about this while at the hell hole (work).  I work in a hospital and we have a lot of patients, some are regulars and you somewhat get to know them.  One patient in particular, we'll call him Mr. Jones, was there visiting his doctor after his knee surgery.  He is a very,very nice looking, youthful even 51  year old guy...and his wife is a looker too. His total hospital stay for his surgery lasted about 2 weeks, and I somehow always got assigned to him.  Upon this visit, we were sitting waiting for his wife to come pick him up from his appointment. We got to talking and the issue of his 29th wedding anniversary came up.  He spoke so highly of love, marriage, commitment, and the future of it all.  His exact words were "Man, there is nothing like love...real love. Not that fake shit...excuse my language.  Having someone there to support you, get you in check when they need to, and just be a friend...ain't nothing like it."  For some reason is really stuck with me.  It really let me know that love is indeed real, and it is in one's grasp.

Now days, it just seems like people don't want that.  If I had a damn dollar for every time I hear somebody say some wack shit like "I ain 't trying to be held down", "I don't believe in marriage", or "I don't believe in labels within a relationship".  Bullshit.  And that last one really burns me up.  How is a relationship one at all without a TITLE of relationship?  Also, if we don't have a title what sets me apart from someone who is simply your friend, or someone else you happen to be screwing? Not shit, thats what. Titles don't ruin relationships, people who are afraid of commitment ruin relationships. And being against calling someone your boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance' etc. just shows you can't commit to them. Mr Jones, let me know there is nothing like having someone you can depend on, trust, and most of all commit to.  Love is beautiful, and even if it doesn't work out in the long run.



 Ginuwine said it well:


Girl I know your pain,
And it hurts so deep,
I've been there before,
But baby you will see
That we've all been hurt,
We had our falls,
Bedda to have loved,
Than not have loved at all

4 comments:

  1. I have a cousin who is absolutely afraid of being by herself. So much that she's willing to put up with any Nigga's (and I use that term in ever sense of the word) bullshit just because she doesn't want to be single. Couldn't be me. I'm learning more and more that Singleness is the time when you get yourself together for the next Boo....

    Madea said it best "I'd rather be in a corner by myself with a puppy and a goldfish and be happy than be sitting around with somebody up in my house and I'm wondering what the hell they're there for."

    --Cogito

    --Cogito

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is true. People rush into something without evaluating the situation, and don't use that time they are wasting to work on them. Being single is like a temporary period; getting yourself ready for someone/something new

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of the two brothers........BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure alot of people have given their all to have it return to them void and therefore have closed the door on the possibility that attaining true can ever happen.

    Society makes it hard as hell for single women to feel good about themselves unless there's a penis (not a man) in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats why I chose that pic...it seems so genuine. The problem is that people give up on finding love, and settle for bullshit. Instead of making one's self better, and preparing for the next person...we get desperate.

    ReplyDelete