Monday, April 4, 2011

Vibin...

Music helps me get through a lot of my bullshit, and helps from getting some muhfuckas ass' whooped.  I've always had and eclectic taste. Here is a few, check them out if they are new to you...

J.cole- One of the newest members of Roc Nation (Jay-Z's label).  Aside from being fine as fuk, dude is mad intelligent and is a true lyricist.  Seems like so much hip hop is dumbed-down now-a-days. He has a few hot mixtapes out there. No mainstream studio album...YET.

Wale- What can I say?  Dude is the epitome of "cool".  Like J.Cole, his music is more for the intellectuals. He has a nice mixture of more fun and mainstream music and more deep and lyrical. Gotta bump this dude daily.
Floetry- Deep and soulful. They perform a mixture of R&B and spoken word.  These chicks have some of the most honest tracks out there, something for everybody can relate to. Not to mention some of the best love making tracks out there.  Its a shame they broke up.  The singer, Marsha, has went solo and is making a name for herself.

Lauryn Hill- Self explanatory.  One of the best albums in the past 15 years.  She is one of the only artists who can weave effortlessly between rapping and singing.  A true lyricist as well.  I wish her heart was still in it.
Jay Z/Jigga/Hova- I mean, what can I say?  I was a late bloomer on him though.  Truly one of the greatest out there doing it right now.  Has the few rap albums I can play all the way through. 
Adele- Where the fuck was I.  I was recently introduced to this young lady's music. Beautiful voice, beautiful lyrics.  She could sing about farm animals and I'll listen. She has a soul/funk/jazz/r&b sound that anybody can relate to.

The Fray- Talented group of guys, one of the best alternative bands around.  These dudes have something for everybody, and like everyone else on this list they have a way with words. Check em out. 




Just to name a few......

3 comments:

  1. LoL...and if not pregnant, they engaged in the necessary acts. #guilty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Adele's first CD "19" but "21" is just simply AMAZING!! Apparently a lot of people agree with me because her ATL show is sold out.......Dayum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I WISH I could see her live, but I know I'll have to travel because she's not coming down here.

    ReplyDelete